Walton County is located in North-central Georgia, between Atlanta and Athens. The school district is comprised of 17 schools. There are 9 elementary schools, 3 middle schools, 3 high schools .
Walnut Grove High School is located in the rural town of Walnut Grove, Georgia. Walnut Grove is a small town located east of Atlanta and west of Athens. In Walton County, Walnut Grove is located between Loganville and Monroe. It is a small town with a population of 1,339 according to 2012 reports.
Walnut Grove is one of three high schools in the county. It is a new school with technology woven throughout the building and a computer lab for students and teachers to use. Smart Boards and Classroom Performance Systems enable teachers and students to integrate technology and the internet into classroom studies and presentations.
Walnut Grove has an active PTSO . Their goal is to award scholarship monies to graduating seniors and support the school's needs. To raise the money needed the will be holding a variety of fundraisers throughout the year.
AP Courses: English, Government, Language, U.S. History, Calculus, Economics, European History, Environmental Science, and Biology
Other Unique Courses: Video Production, Drama, Health Occupation, Animal Science, and Agricultural Science
Fall sports: Football, Volleyball, Softball, Cheerleading, Cross-Country
Winter sports : Wrestling, Boys and Girls Basketball, Boys and Girls Swimming, Cheerleading
Spring sports : Baseball, Boys and Girls Soccer, Boys and Girls Tennis, Track and Field, Golf
Walnut Grove High School
“To ensure that all students learn and graduate.”
WGHS Mission Statement:
"To cultivate critically aware, creative problem solvers prepared to navigate post-secondary
challenge and opportunities."
WGHS Belief Statements:
Being an exemplary school, Walnut Grove High School believes:
· Student learning is the primary focus of school.
· In focusing on the four R’s – Rigor, Relevance, Relationships, Results.
· A safe, clean, and attractive environment promotes student learning.
· High expectations are the foundation for success.
· Students, parents, staff, and community share responsibility for the students’ academic,
social, physical and character development.
· Students learn in different ways and will be provided a variety of instructional
approaches and appropriate assessments to support their learning.
· Students are accountable for daily attendance, appropriate behavior, and academic progress.
· Learning is enhanced through mutual respect among students, parents, staff, and community.
· Using a variety of technology prepares students for success.
· In celebrating the cultural diversity of our community.
· The staff dedicates itself to continued professional growth and development.
Leadership Team Statement:
“The purpose of the WGHS Leadership Team is to develop, coordinate, and implement the resources of our school to ensure the success of the learning community.”